Advisory Board

It's a bit of a tradition at the school to have an advisory board. Orange is one of the schools team colours - so my board is bright and school spirit approved! 

There's what I have so far: 
(Apologies for the blurry photo taken with my phone!)

Advisory Photos - from the recent Outward Bound trip from the first fortnight of school. Group shots and full advisory group. A mix of white boarders and black create a good contrast.

Mini white board to outline the week - great way to create a snapshot of the week, especially busy ones. I sometimes found it hard to keep track of things but with this nigty trick you and kids will be on the same page. You can use a normal mini white board, but since I wanted to use hanging push pins I needed something light - I hole punched heavy duty sheet protectors with coloured paper works well. You can also change the coloured paper to suit different times of year ( thanksgiving, Christmas, summer, etc)

Timetable - day scheduling and lesson times. Even a room timetable could be useful to pin up also.

Messages Pocket - I have two plastic pockets hanging on plastic pushpins. One labeled 'To Hand Out' and the other 'Handed Out'.

Library notices - kept on the side to remind students what's overdue

Birthdays - an easy printable to record students birthdays in the first day. Laminate or pop it into a plastic pocket and pin it right on to the board! Quickest birthday collection ever. I always get bogged in the creating of birthday displays right off the bat. This has been really useful this year. More can be found on my Pinterest page





Some other ideas colleagues do:
Advisory rules - they pin up their agreed advisory rules
'Look How We Had Grown' collage - where everyone brings in a baby photo
"Where in the world is…" - students bring in a photo of themselves from where ever they visit
Affirmations or Quotes - positive or motivational sayings. I have started collected them on Pininterst
Treat Day Roster - or done in Google Docs to be more dynamic.
Student work - name acronyms, activities etc 

Comments

Popular Posts